Home » Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH)
INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE (ICH) SECRETARIAT ST. KITTS AND NEVIS LIVING HERITAGE
- Conduct community research activities to identify, and document ICH Elements in St. Kitts and Nevis in need of safeguarding.
- Work with St. Kitts and Nevis Communities to establish a National ICH Elements Inventory List.
- Create a National ICH Policy to Safeguard St. Kitts and Nevis Traditional/Knowledge Bearers, ICH Elements, and environment.
- Submit St. Kitts and Nevis ICH Elements to the UNESCO Representative List of The ICH of Humanity.
- Build awareness about the Convention and about the current state of St. Kitts and Nevis’ ICH;
- Build the capacity of persons in both state and privately run entities to properly document and inventory SKN’s ICH;
- Identify persons and communities associated with the practice of particular elements;
- Ensure that persons associated with particular elements are engaged in the process of developing an inventory as well as ideas about how to safeguard the elements;
- Document the processes and components of elements;
- Identify elements, which may be in need of urgent safeguarding;
- Assess the degree to which elements are endangered due to the possibility of natural or man made disasters;
- Provide accurate information and educational materials for the practitioners and communities associated with SKN’s ICH through development of a national website to create public awareness about the importance of safeguarding ICH.
Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) News
St. Kitts and Nevis receives UNESCO funding to pioneer its Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) Policy ambitionsJune 23, 2022
23rd June 2022 -- Earlier this morning at UNESCO headquarters in Paris, the Bureau of the Committee for Safeguarding of…Read More